Merry Christmas


Hello friends!
One of my favorite ways to challenge myself in card making, is when I use a mini set.  Mini stamp sets are usually 2 x 3 inches, have a main image, a sentiment or two, and maybe smaller images.  It stretches creativity as well as simplifying products used.  A lot of times stampers feel overwhelmed by the amount of choices when starting a card, but I have found less is more a lot of time.

First I stamped the otter onto the card front as a mark to where my focal point was going to be.  Using green ink and a blender tool, I applied ink onto the card.  When ink blending, pick up ink onto the blender, then tap the blender onto scratch paper, if there is going to be an ink ring on the blender, this is when the sharpness of the ring will come off.  I then start blending in light circles onto the card, I repeat this over and over until satisfied with the layer and darkness of the ink.  The sentiments were stamped in black ink, the hearts and candy canes in red ink.  Once again the otter was stamped in blue ink onto white card stock, colored in with copic markers, cut out with scissors and applied to the card using foam adhesive.  I added red and green nuvo drops, then tied red & green twine into a bow, and adhered to the card front.

Head on over to the Lawn Fawn blog, to see more great projects using this little mini set.


SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

That's an adorable card ! I totally agree with what you said about being overwhelmed by too much products. It could be a nice card challenge : only with mini stamps sets !

Popular posts from this blog

Seasons Givings Blog Hop: Year Two

Seasons Givings Year 3

Seasons Givings Blog Hop